By default, SQL keeps track of all SQL Maintenance plan operations. And it creates reports about them every time they run in the \MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG folder. And overtime, these reports take up a lot of space.
Here are some things you can do to manage these files:
1. First, you can try to move the files to a different drive
– Login to SSMS, and open one of your maintenance plans
– Open ‘Reporting and Logging’ by clicking on the icon to the right of Manage Connections
– Set the new path for the LOG files
2. Another option is to add a task in your maintenance plan to clean up the reports
– Add History Cleanup Task in your maintenance plan (optional)
– Add Maintenance Cleanup Task and set type as ‘Maintenance Plan Text Reports’ and specify the LOG folder path.