Month: September 2014

Finding out most recent queries run on a specific database

Posted on

I found this useful script online to find out the queries run on a specific database.  This script is useful when you are trying to go back and find out what was ran on the database.

 

SELECT deqs.last_execution_time AS [Time], dest.text AS [Query], dest.*

FROM sys.dm_exec_query_stats AS deqs

CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(deqs.sql_handle) AS dest

WHERE dest.dbid = DB_ID(‘dbname’)

ORDER BY deqs.last_execution_time DESC

 

Reference:  http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2008/01/03/sql-server-2005-last-ran-query-recently-ran-query/

How to find users with ActiveSync and OWA enabled

Posted on Updated on

We had an auditor come in and asked us to get a report on users that currently have ActiveSync and OWA enabled.  And here is a powershell that allows you to get those information and save it to a file.

get-casmailbox -resultsize unlimited | ft DisplayName,ActiveSyncEnabled,OWAEnabled | Out-File c:\result.txt

I am still trying to find a way to set both ActiveSync and OWA to disabled for any new users.  Please feel free to comment if you have anything in mind.  I have seen a couple of examples for Powershell which work, but I am not necessarily the only one creating new users and they may have not access to powershell.

Common issues with Akcelerant and how to fix it.

Posted on Updated on

We are using Akcelerant for collections purposes and during the course of administering this application, I have compiled a couple of issues and fixes.

Here are the common issues and fixes I have found:

1.  reseapp.asp won’t complete the process

– check and make sure that the global.asa, resetapp.asp and web.config has the correct value set.  Most of the upgrades wipe the connection string on these files.  These files are under ..\website, application\exe.

The value should look like value=”Server=<dbserver>;Database=<dbname>;UID=<sqluser>;PWD=<sqlpassword>”

– Under the application pool in IIS, make sure to assign the identity to the service account you have created

– Under the Basic Settings of the default website, assign the service account to connect to the path.  Click ‘Test Settings’ after setting up the service account to confirm it works.

– Check Component Services in MMC and check the Akcelerant COM+ object and make sure that it is using the same identity as the application pool.

2.  The home page does not show a login screen

– make sure that the web.config file does not have an entry for ‘Provider=SQLOLEDB’

 

I have more troubleshooting steps for reporting servers, and I will add them here shortly…